Run With Us Race Series
The Run With Us Race Series will consist of 14 races this season. The series will start with the Rock n Roll Pasadena Half on Feb 17th and finish with the Village Runner 5k on July 4th . Overall scoring will be determined by age group points and are based on scoring in the top ten of each age group.
What Is The Race Series?
The Run With Us Race Series is a series of LA's best road races. These races are top quality, established events. The courses are measured accurately. Each event offers race results to their finishers, and they are conducted by groups or individuals that have experience and expertise in the field of road racing. As a participant in this Race Series you can rest assured that you are running a worthwhile race.
How Does The Race Series Work?
Every runner can compete in the Run With Us Race Series. You just have to register and pay the $10 fee (you will receive a running goody bag, $25 value) to take part in the Race Series. Run With Us will score each race to see if you have accumulated points in the series. The Race Series is designed to determine who the top Los Angeles area runners are, given the age differences. You will earn points by finishing in the top ten in your age group.
How Do I Register?
Please fill out registration form and either fax to 626-568-3345, email to email@example.com or just drop it off at the store. Contact Eli Rodriguez at 562-447-4586 or firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.
Cash awards will be given to the top overall finisher from all age groups. It is important to note that in this scoring system, males and females are combined. The cash awards are:
1st place: $200 cash.
2 nd place: $100 cash
Points will be awarded ten deep in each age group, then we will determine the age-group winners in each of the age groups as outlined in the rules section. Race Series awards will be given to the top four of each age group, but to qualify a runner must accumulate at least 600 points.
1 st place-$50 gift card to Run With Us
2 nd place-$25 gift card to Run With Us
3 rd place- Running Swag Bag
4 th place- Run With Us Tee
- All runners will compete for points in their age-groups. Points are earned by placing in the top ten of the following male and female divisions: 14-19, 20-24, 25-29, 30-34, 35-39, 40-44, 45-49, 50-54, 55-59, 60-64, 65-69, 70-74, 75-79, 80 and over.
- It is the participants responsibility to let Run With Us know which races they have participated in. They can post them in the Run With Us Facebook Page or bring them into the store. Points and standings will be updated on the Run With Us website, Facebook Page as well as in the store.
- The points scored for placing in the top ten of an age-group are:
- 1st: 100
- 2nd: 85
- 3rd: 70
- 4th: 55
- 5th: 45
- 6th: 35
- 7th: 25
- 8th: 20
- 9th: 15
- 10th: 10
Points scored in the age groups will be to the top ten finishers in each age group. There will be no bonus points and there does not have to be ten runners in an age group. In the case of ties at the end of the season the runner with the best overall finishing time will be the winner.
- The schedule of events and the dates of these events as outlined on this site are tentative. You should check the official entry form for official date and time.
- A runner's age-group for age-group championship tabulations will be the age of that runner on the date of his or her first Race Series Event. Example: If a runner starts out the season as 44 years old and turns 45 after a couple of races, that runner would be considered 44 for all Race Series events in our tabulations.
- Prize money will not be paid to anyone under the age of 21 years.
- To qualify for an age-group and cash award, a runner must accumulate 500 points during the season.
- A runner must have scored points by October 1 st to be eligible for calculations.
2/17- Rock n Roll Pasadena Half Marathon
2/24- LA Chinatown 5K and 10K
3/9- Run For the Waves 5K
3/17- LA Marathon and 5K
3/23- Agoura Hills 5k and 10K
4/6- Santa Anita Derby Day 5K
4/7- Carlsbad 5000
4/13- Seal Beach 5K/10K
5/5- OC Marathon, Half and 5K
5/18- Girls on The Run 5k-Rose Bowl
6/2- Rock n Roll San Diego Marathon and Half
6/30- Pasadena Half Marathon , 5K and 10K
7/4- Village Runner 5K
7/4- Greenest Fastest Mile